Island Council of Tenerife, through the Municipal Cooperation and Housing Area, has approved a transfer of 1.4 million euros to the City of Adeje for the implementation of a new connection between Playa Paraiso and Costa Adeje. This connection will suppose to give continuity to the rambla parallel to the coast and the connection these two tourist zones of the municipality.
The project, included in the insular Cooperation Plan for works and services of municipal competition 2014-2017, has a total budget of 117 million, of which the adjoining City Council contributes 20% and the Island Council of Tenerife the remaining 80%. The works are expected to last 10 months. In this sense, the forecast of the local Corporation is to carry out the contracting of the works in the first half of 2017, to start the execution of the project over the next year.
The councilor for Municipal Cooperation and Housing of the Island Council of Tenerife, Aurelio Abreu, explains that this action “will mean the improvement of the connections of the main tourist areas of Adeje, which will join the tourist renewal promoted by the City Council itself in the nucleus of Playa Paraiso, in addition to the conditioning of the Fañabé connections. ”
The works will include the development of a section of the rambla that runs parallel to the coast, bounded by the Las Torres and Puertito sections of Adeje, which will create a new infrastructure that contributes continuity between the tourist centers of Playa Paraiso (El Puertito) and Costa Adeje.
The track will have a length of 1,004 meters and will cross the ravines of El Burro and Los Curbelos, as well as other minor channels, such as the Llano del Camello ravines, Los Guirres and a tributary of El Burro ravine. In this last ravine a concrete culvert will be installed and the rest of ravines will be channeled through prefabricated conduits of reinforced concrete of two meters of inner diameter.
Likewise, the Insular Council of Waters will carry out the pipelines of corresponding services. For its part, the City of Adeje will monitor the execution of the section of road included in the Partial Plan El Puertito, which provides continuity to connect the road with Playa Paraíso, as well as the works of the driving pipes for incorporation Of the urban wastewater from the west of Adeje to the Adeje-Arona wastewater treatment plant, promoted by the Insular Water Council.
It should be remembered that the Municipal Cooperation Plan invests 3.3 million euros in Adeje, destined to this work and to the execution of the sewage pumping station in La Caleta.